Monday, February 14, 2011

Three more big Derby preps next weekend!!

On Saturday (02/19) we have the Risen which will be a good one featuring Rogue Romance and Machen, two of my top 10 Derby contenders along with Santiva and Wilkinson.

On Sunday we have the San Vicente which should also be a good race with horses like Sway Away (in my top 10), Jaycito, Premier Pegasus and possibly The Factor.

And on Monday, a week from today, we have the Southwest which will have some very good horses in it like JP's Gusto, Alternation, Caleb's Posse, Awesome Patriot and one of my top 5 Derby contenders, Elite Alex. I think EA is going to be VERY GOOD!! He has a very nice pedigree and his daddy is one of my all-time favs. And his tail-female line is very nice with Reine-de-course mares like Gay Hostess, Your Hostess and Boudoir. And along the way getting stamina influences from chef-de-races like Nureyev (C), Secretariat (I/C), Prince John (C), Alibahi (C), Mahmoud (I/C) and Clarissimus (C). And also from Le Fabuleux (P) who is in the X-passing position. So, EA is getting plenty of stamina through his dam.

So, 6 of my top 15 Derby contenders run next weekend. Elite Alex, Sway Away, Awesome Patriot, Alternation, Rogue Romance and Machen. I'm really high on EA and I'm eager to see how SA does in his first race since last August in the Best Pal when he was 2nd to JP's Gusto. SA was coming on very strong down the stretch. I love this guy's pedigree, too, and not just 'cuz I loved Afleet Alex when he ran, but I love that his BMS is Slew and his 2nd dam's sire is Summer Squall and her BMS is Mr. Prospector. Very strong pedigree! I'm also excited to see RR 'cuz he's been training very well. And I like Machen, too. I loved his strong late kick in his last outing. Should be 3 very good Derby preps! Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment